Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Owl Foundation

When a sick or orphaned Owl is found in Ontario, there's a good chance it will end up being cared for at The Owl Foundation.  This rehab facility has returned countless owls back to the wild, and I have had the privilege of doing some releases for them. 

Today I released a Grey-Morph Eastern Screech Owl in Toronto, and a Red-Morph Eastern Screech Owl in Durham Region.

What you see in the photo of the Grey-Morph is a typical "I don't know what's going on but I like it" expression.

In the Red-Morph photo you will see an owl who seems to have a few choice words for me - I named him "Stink Eye" (I think the reason is obvious)  Evidently it takes some owls a little more time to leave the release site than others!

Grey-Morph Eastern Screech Owl

Red-Morph Eastern Screech Owl


Here are a couple of others I've released for The Owl Foundation that I've been able to photograph (most of the time they are gone in an instant).

Great-Horned Owl released in Toronto

Eastern Screech Owl released in Durham Region
A huge thanks to Kay and the great staff at TOF for doing what they do!  To donate, click on the Sponsorship link at http://www.theowlfoundation.com/.

2 comments:

  1. I sponsored a Snowy Owl over there for my birthday this year. I think this is an amazing organization and I look forward to my tour in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will absolutely love the tour! It really is an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete