Monday, November 22, 2010

Windy Weekend

Red-Tailed Hawk
There’s nothing that challenges a stabilizer like a really windy day and on most shots today I lost the battle against mother nature. At least I was able to salvage a few.

While looking for the beautiful buck that so far has eluded my lens (except for a few blurry rump shots), I was surprised to find this hawk hunting in a Durham field where I don’t often find raptors. He was perched on top of a dead tree trunk and let me share his field with him.

Red-Tailed Hawk in hunting mode
Either I was extra-stealthy or I wasn’t important enough to distract him from his mission! 

I spent quite a while with this hawk, who didn't seem to have much luck in the hunting department.




2 comments:

  1. A successful outing coupled with a wonderfully captured Red-tail hawk. Love the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, thx for sharing, I've added yr blog to my feed!

    ReplyDelete