Monday, September 5, 2011

Backyard Bounty

Poor lighting and an unsuccessful attempt at an outing earlier in the morning kept me close to home today.  Sometimes I forget the fun I can have with my camera in my own back yard!

It was pretty active - at one time there were 41 birds around me, gathering at the fountain to drink or to indulge in a few peanuts.  A Coopers zoomed past my head but fortunately for my feathered friends he didn't stick around.
In addition to the usual suspects - sparrows, cardinals, doves and black birds - Blue Jays rang in the fall season with LOUD voices and lots to say.

Most are sporting back-to-school haircuts!
Hanging out at the local watering hole.

Where's my nemesis?

Here I am...get away from MY peanuts!

This odd bird joined in the festivities...I wasn't able to locate him in my birding book!

Can't think of a better way to spend a holiday Monday!

3 comments:

  1. You could charge admission to your personal birding paradise. ;-)

    That look like a Nikon, wise choice. :)

    Love the Jays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are beautiful photographs!!

    ReplyDelete