Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Photography Fettish

Most photographers I know gravitate to a certain type of subject.  One friend stops to take photos of old shoes left on the shoulders of highways (seriously!).  Another photographer is a magician with water droplets.   I didn't think I had a leaning toward any one subject (excluding wildlife of course!) but having recently sifted through some old photos I've figured it out...feathers!  

I love the randomness and think they are so beautiful, whether attached to a bird or randomly discarded. 

Today there were plenty to choose from on the marsh.


I also love how feather patterns vary from one species of bird to the next.  It is so artistic.  Black and white seems to illustrate this well.

Common Tern

Great Egret

Rough-Legged Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment